Booking your Flight
It is important that Skippers are made aware of all special needs and requirements for extra assist for passengers at least 48 hours prior to the flight departure time. Failure to give 24 hours notice may result in travel being refused. To ensure we know what your requirements are you must make your booking directly through Skippers Reservations by calling 1300 729 924. Internet special will be honoured.
It is important that you provide us with as much information as possible at the time of booking and some of the key information we may need to know includes but is not limited to:
- Level of mobility (passengers with limited mobility will be required to travel with a Carer).
- Are you able to self-transfer to and from a wheelchair.
- Are you travelling with your own wheelchair, if so is it electric, is the wheelchair collapsible?
Should you fail to advise us in advance your travel may be refused.
Travelling with a Carer
In certain circumstances we require passengers to travel with a Carer when they are unable to care for themselves during check in, boarding and in flight. A Carer may be needed if:
- The passenger is unable to self-toilet
- The passenger has no or little mobility
- The passenger needs assistance during the flight with eating and drinking
- The passenger needs assistance during the flight with medication
Requirements for Carer
Carers must be self-reliant and mentally/physically able to assist the passenger with all of the above requirements before and during the flight including boarding and disembarking.
Not all destinations have access to the Disabled Passenger Lift (DPL).
Carriage of Wheelchair Passengers
Skippers can provide wheelchair assistance for passengers who require it from the terminal building to aircraft steps only.
Passengers must be able to manage steps unaided.
The agent making the booking MUST advise Skippers at the time of booking what amount of assistance the passenger will require.
PLEASE NOTE FOR TOTALLY IMMOBILE PASSENGERS, NO HIGH LIFT FACILITIES ARE AVAILABLE
For more information contact [email protected]
Very friendly staff, my flight ran on time. Plenty of parking available.
Always good service while flying on skippers aircrafts by flight attendants
Have had 2 flights with skippers and the flight both ways was good. friendly staff both on board and ground crew